Updated: Feb 20, 2022
These sandwiches are so quick, easy, and delicious!
Blacked Flounder Sandwich
2 fresh flounder fillets
Homemade Blackening Seasoning
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon cayenne powder
1 tablespoon onion power
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4 tablespoons butter
2 bulky rolls
Slice tomato, red onion, lettuce
Tartar sauce or mayonnaise
1. Heat a skillet on high heat.
2. Rinse flounder fillets with cold water and pat dry.
3. Butter the inside portions of each roll and set aside.
4. Coat both sides of your fillets with blackening seasoning and rub it into the fillets.
5. Put butter in your skillet and once it melts place your fillets in.
6. Cook both sides until there is a nice crust on both sides and cooked through; roughly 1-2 minutes per side. Then set your fish aside.
7. Place your rolls in the skillet butter side down until its golden brown.
8. Assemble your sandwich with a piece of fish some tomato, thin sliced red onion, lettuce and sauce of your choice.
9. Serve with a pickle and a side of Cape Cod Chips or french fries.